Well, as some of you may already know, one of my 2016 new-year resolutions is to cook 365 recipes this year...
Yap. I, too, was wondering what the (you know what) was I thinking?? And here I am, day 53 of my challenge, and 53 recipes later, with not a whole lot to talk about in terms of extraordinary results.
Except, until I ran into this incredibly-easy recipe on Pinterest! From The Stay at Home Chef - link to the website included below.
It looked and "felt" amazing so I had to try it. I mean, this picture... you can almost taste it, right? And guess what? It actually turned out AMAZING too! Beautiful to look at, tasty and, BONUS, healthy. Almost beats a well-put-together room decor! LOL
So here I am, sharing my first (and hopefully not last) success in the kitchen. And, if you're up for a good laugh or smile, check out the video version on "My 365-day Kitchen Affair" YouTube channel (Day 52). And don't judge. Please. ;-)
- 2 avocados, halved and pitted
- 2 small cans of tuna in olive oil, drained (i used the brand Rio Mare)
- 1 tablespoon pickled banana pepper rings (mild)
- Juice from 1/2 lemon
- 1 teaspoon chives + garlic spice mix
- salt & pepper to taste
- Scoop out some of the avocado from the pitted area.
- Place the scooped avocado into a mixing bowl. mash with a fork. Add tuna, banana pepper and lemon juice. Stir it all together until everything is well mixed.
- Scoop the tuna into the avocado bowls. Season with salt and pepper.
Take a look at the http://www.thestayathomechef.com/ website for more amazing, healthy recipes. I became a huge fan fast!
Until next time,
♥ Adore your home...
*Photo credits: Pinterest; www.thestayathomechef.com